Thursday, February 11, 2010

Back to the Bar

No, contrary to what the title indicates, I'm not hitting the bars at 11 in the morning on a Thursday. I finally got back to finishing up the trim pieces on my basement bar. Last we left off the bar looked like this:


As you can see the front edges look a little rough. So, I decided to trim it out a little bit. I picked up four 2 inch wide pieces of pine trim and boxed the corners. This not only covers the edge of the plywood, but also hides a few other inconsistencies between the front and sides.


After spending a lot of time trying to get the corners perfectly square, I gave up and went for mediocretly square. I figure after a few drinks no one will notice anyway. I next moved onto masking the vinyl a little bit, so I could paint the trim:


And finally, I painted up the trim with a couple coats of matching black paint, which resulted in this final look:


You can't tell a huge difference in the photos, but it does look a lot cleaner in person. I also painted the inside of the bar to clean it up a bit.

So, basically that leaves installing a shelf on the inside. And I'm also debating about getting some type of adjustable feet for it. The floor of our basement isn't very level, and since this is likely to remain in basements, I think an ability to adjust its levelness would be helpful. Nothing worse than watching your drink slide off the bar. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog