Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jingle Bell Run!

Last Sunday Tonja and I and a few friends took part in the 25th Annual Jingle Bell run. It's a 5k run that starts and finishes at Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. It was one of the more fun 5k's I've run.

The course (which has a few well placed subtle hills) runs through downtown and on to the I-5 express lanes. So, you get the fun and unique experience of running through a couple of tunnels and along the freeway. The best part of the run is that everyone wears little sleigh bells on their shoes or clothes. So, as you're running along in these huge packs of runners all you can hear is sleigh bells. It was quite a sound. In addition many of the runners and walkers are dressed up, which gives the entire event a very festive feel. We didn't take our camera, since it would of been difficult to run with, but here's a few pre race photos....


Tonja opted to wear her festive Santa jacket for the race.

I opted for function over style (although I do match the kitchen walls) and wasn't quite as festive with my attire. Just bright.

The start of the race. Can you see us? Actually, I did find myself in this photo. I'm a few people directly below the lamp post on the left. You can just barely see my green fleece if you look closely.
(photo credit: Seattle Times)

I found this photo online of me during the race. Two notes.
1. Apparently, I'm so relaxed I've nodded off for a nap.
2. Mrs. Claus is closing in fast behind me.
(photo credit: On The Edge photos)

A fun event for sure, that I'd happily run again. After our run, we took in the post race celebrations and free food give-a-ways, which included some very tasty Top Pot doughnuts. All in all a nice way to spend a chilly December morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog